Skin Care Advice from an Aesthetician

Aug 28, 2017 | Skin Care


Alexandra, Certified Medical Laser Technician and Licensed Aesthetician

This week, we’re talking to one of our skin care and anti-aging experts at North Scottsdale Laser & Skin Care Clinic! Get to know Alexandra and a few of her skin care secrets!

Skin Care Expert Shares Secrets

Q: What do you like about working at North Scottsdale Laser & Skin Care Clinic?
A: I love the passion we have as a clinic to further inspire our patients to better their skin. Also, I love that we can see our patients really boost their self-esteem with the positive outcome we achieve seeing them every month.
Q: As an Arizona native, what are your secrets for having great skin all year long?
A: I make sure to use sunscreen all year long. Using the tinted Total Defense and Repair from SkinMedica, I see to it that I protect my skin while also getting various antioxidants, enhancing the vibrancy of my skin and protecting it at the same time.
Q: What is your favorite skin care product?
A: My favorite skin care product would have to be Lytera by SkinMedica. It brightens my skin and keeps all future and current sun damage or pigmentation at bay. I feel like I’m glowing every morning after putting this product on my face!
Q: Do you recommend exfoliation? When should this treatment be done?
A: I absolutely recommend exfoliation! It’s one of the best skin care tips. Exfoliation is the best way to promote cellular turnover and prevent excess skin buildup. Exfoliating your skin twice a week is the best way to achieve a steady turnover of the skin. Also, coming into the clinic for a more intense exfoliation, such as microdermabrasion or dermaplaning, every 3 to 4 weeks is highly recommended.
Q: What is one piece of advice that you tell all of your clients?
A: I always tell my patients the 80-20 rule! As an aesthetician, I can only achieve 20% of getting your skin on track, but as your skin care therapist, I need the other 80% of the work done by you and your at-home regimen! With your help, we can get you exactly where you want to be with your skin.
The health of your skin starts with you! To learn more skin care tips, or to schedule a free consultation with one of our experts at North Scottsdale Laser & Skin Care Clinic, call (480) 513-2888, or book your appointment online.